Legal Name Change

In South Carolina, legal name changes (not incident to marriage or divorce) and delayed birth certificates can only be obtained via court order. A person seeking a change of name must file an action in the local family court. To an individual unfamiliar with the process, it may seem quite overwhelming and ultimately, not worth the effort.

Let Duggan & Hughes assist you in navigating this process. We will walk you through the process from beginning to end and will help ensure that it is neither an overwhelming nor stressful experience.